MSD Pharmaceuticals, also known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world.Today's Merck/MSD is an innovative, global healthcare leader that is committed to improving health and well-being around the world. Through our prescription medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies, and consumer care and animal health products, we work with customers and operate in more than 140 countries to deliver innovative health solutions. We also demonstrate our commitment to increasing access to healthcare through far-reaching policies, programs and partnerships.
The merger of Merck and Schering-Plough greatly expanded our combined company's product offerings in a range of areas, including heart and respiratory health, infectious diseases, sun care and women’s health. And we continue to focus our research on conditions that affect millions of people around the world – diseases like Alzheimer’s, diabetes and cancer – while expanding our strengths in areas like vaccines and biologics.
At today’s Merck/MSD, we’re applying our global reach, financial strength and scientific excellence to do more of what we’re passionate about: improving health and improving lives.
- Our business is preserving and improving human life. We also work to improve animal health.
- We are committed to the highest standards of ethics and integrity.
- We are dedicated to the highest level of scientific excellence and commit our research to improving human and animal health and the quality of life.
- We expect profits, but only from work that satisfies customer needs and benefits humanity.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of our employees.