The Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology is pleased to announce a job vacancy for the following position: Helpdesk Engineer.
The Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology (Skoltech) is a private graduate research university in Skolkovo, a suburb of Moscow, Russia. Established in October 2011 in collaboration with MIT, Skoltech educates global leaders in innovation, advances scientific knowledge and fosters new technologies to address critical issues facing Russia and the world. Applying international research and educational models, the university integrates the best Russian scientific traditions with twenty-first century entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Providing technical support to the Departments and Centers for Research, Education and Innovation (hereinafter referred to as the CREI) in working with IT equipment;
- Carrying out operational assistance with troubleshooting to users; determining, localizing errors (failure) in work of the equipment;
- Receiving requests for providing technical support to the users;
- Installing, setting up and keeping software products in working order used by the Institute;
- Preparing IT equipment for new employees;
- Keeping IT equipment in working condition (carrying out replacement of toner, eliminating paper jam, etc.), contacting with service provider ensuring service of office equipment if needed;
- Creating/ changing/ blocking mailboxes and employee’s accounts in Active Directory system;
- Carrying out transfer of IT equipment between employees and storage room;
- Carrying out technical support of events and education process;
- Carrying out assistance to IT Department’s employees in conducting technical works aimed at faults resolution of the IT equipment;
- Participating in developing instructions for the Employees aimed at using software and IT equipment;
- Participating in IT inventory;
- Consulting Employees on general questions in IT area;
- Carrying out other work on different degrees of complexity related to operation of IT equipment and installed software in the Institute;
- Together with the Immediate Supervisor coordinating the list of spare parts and expendables for supplying it for IT equipment.
- CREI Director (Skoltech Center for Computational and Data-Intensive Science and Engineering).
Other key relations:
- Finance Department;
- Procurement Department;
- Other Institute’s Departments.
Ideal Experience and Qualities:
The successful candidate will possess the following talent, skills, knowledge and qualifications:
- Experience in software and hardware diagnostics and troubleshooting of personal computers (hereinafter referred to as “PC”);
- Experience in remote administration of Windows, OS X;
- Experience in setting presentational and media equipment, experience in technical support of events;
- High technical education (Informatics and computing, information systems and technologies);
- Knowledge of operating systems Windows (administrator level), Mac OS X (advanced user level);
- Basics of PC hardware;
- Directory service of Active Directory (advanced user level);
- Basics of IP telephony and videoconferences;
- Basic knowledge of Networking and Local Area Network;
- Basic knowledge of networking protocols and principals of its work, OSI model;
- Methods of backup and deployment images on PC
- Good Command English, English is the working language at Skoltech.
The successful candidate will be paid a competitive compensation package commensurate with the important responsibilities of this role in delivering Skoltech Institute’s project plan.