RetailNext is the worldwide market leader and expert in brick-and-mortar retail analytics. We track more than a billion shopping trips per year by collecting data from nearly 100,000 sensors in retail stores and analyze trillions of data points annually. Headquartered in San Jose, CA, RetailNext is a growing global brand operating in more than 70 countries. Cutting-edge Computer Vision is at the core of the RetailNext's suite of proprietary technologies.
Our R&D team works on problems ranging from image registration, mosaicking, and 3D reconstruction to multiple object tracking and facial analysis. We recently branched out from our roots as a software company by designing and building our own cloud-managed stereo sensor, Aurora, that features onboard shopper detection and tracking analytics using video, in addition to WiFi and Bluetooth-based analytics and on-board HD video recording.
As a Senior Software Engineer in the computer vision team, you will partner closely with our Research Scientists to transform new research ideas and prototypes into production code that will run on the tens of thousands of our sensors installed around the world. Our software is written in C++ and Go.
- Implementing and refining various new and existing algorithms
- Writing deployable code for analysis of “live” store environments
- Writing production-ready code for inclusion in the core RetailNext product
- Refining existing code for both research and production environments
- Supporting “live” deployed stores
- Perform technical performance benchmarking on CPU, GPU and DSP; followed by improving efficiency, scalability and stability of various computer vision algorithms
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Experience in an engineering role in industry
- Proficiency in C++
- Ability to optimize code for efficiency given hardware specifications and constraints
- Experience working with Computer Vision and Machine Learning Applications
- Experience with Computer Vision / Graphics libraries especially OpenCV is a plus
- Knowledge and experience with data annotation processes and tool such as CVAT is a plus