Five9 is a leader in Cloud based Call Center solutions and one of the Bay Area’s fastest growing companies. To complement our rapid growth, we are actively looking for a Senior Software Engineer – Platform with experience working on Google Cloud Platform, to join our team. Five9 delivers market-leading up-time for its Contact Center application while constantly delivering new features and capabilities to highly demanding enterprise customers. This requires that Five9 continually enhances, updates and modernizes the Platform Services that the Contact Center Application runs on. This position requires excellent understanding of cloud software: how it's built, deployed, tested and managed.
- Contribute to the next generation voice platform, providing businesses the ability to improve customer service through the power of voice in the Contact Center
- You will play a critical role in developing a highly-available, highly-scalable and reliable infrastructure for voice
- You will apply your voice expertise (C/C++ and SIP), broad software technologies, and open source tools to resolve what are often considered seemingly unsolvable voice technology platform challenges for our customers
- Gain deep application level knowledge of existing systems as well as contributing to their overall design
- Dive deep into the software stack to troubleshoot and provide production support as needed
- Work with a team of peers, share a passion for what they’re creating and pull your own weight
- Participate and contribute to requirements analysis and grooming
- Understand performance and scalability principles and apply when developing software
- Document and communicate clearly of architecture and implementation solutions Work closely with product managers, designers, testers and application architects Troubleshoot and support current UC platform in production
Experience & Capabilities:
- 8+ years of C/C++ software development experience including.
- Experience with designing and building highly available and scalable voice applications.
- Experience and hands on skills with voice products such as FreeSWITCH and SIP.
- Strong communication skills in English both verbal and written
- Hands on experience working as part of a Continuous Delivery team who continuously develop, test, deploy and manage production voice applications.
- Good understanding of private and public cloud design considerations and limitations in the areas of distributed systems, load balancing and networking, event processing, massive data storage and security.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering field.
- An advanced degree in an engineering or a business discipline is highly desirable.