Senior Python Developer (with long-term business trip to the USA)
We are actively seeking a Senior Python Developer who is interested in joining our growing projects for one of the biggest IT companies. Come be a part of our bright engineering team. We offer open communication, empowerment, innovation, and a customer-centric culture.
You will be involved in the process of design and development of the large-scale ecosystem for gathering and analyzing data on infrastructure resiliency, service health and automated resolution of any incidents based on anomalies detection and other insights.
We are looking for someone to lead the team (leadership skills), great with software development and able to mentor and guide others on the best practices for implementing the features from requirements to code and support in production.
- Interact with infrastructure support and application development teams to identify points to improve and processes to automate
- Collaborate to the source code for applications in SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) area
- Provide guidance, mentorship and training to the engineers regarding software development best practices, lifecycle and refactoring standards
- Participate in the design and development of high-performance business applications, from requirements analysis to production
- Constantly improve software quality (evaluate and incorporate new libraries, tools and technologies; code reviews; refactoring; testing; etc.)
- Analyze and improve application performance
- Search for simple and robust solutions to complex tasks
- Work in an Agile methodology environment where innovation, teamwork, and creativity are the keys to success
- Collaborate with a team of developers, QA engineers, analysts
- Python knowledge as mandatory along with general SDLC knowledge and software development practices / processes understanding
- Prometheus / Grafana / Zabbix / Nagios monitoring stack along with other monitoring solutions is essential
- Having some background or expertise in infrastructure technologies like network hardware, bare metal servers, VMWare, Linux or Windows OS, load balancers, databases, proxies, or others will be helpful to better communicate and work with other infrastructure engineers developing software in these domains
- Go / Java experience is nice to have
- Upper-intermediate English or higher is essential
- Communication skills are crucial so that person should be able to mentor and guide people of various skill set in infrastructure support domain while working on-site.
- Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Medical insurance
- Benefits program
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Corporate social events
- Professional development opportunities
Grid Dynamics is the engineering services company known for transformative, mission-critical cloud solutions for retail, finance and technology sectors. We architected some of the busiest e-commerce services on the Internet and have never had an outage during the peak season. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Ramon, California with offices throughout the US and Eastern Europe, we focus on big data analytics, scalable omnichannel services, DevOps, and cloud enablement.