Trying to be part of the next great online game? That’s what we do.
At Arkadium our purpose is to have fun while creating fun - and that’s exactly what we’ve been doing for 20 years. We’re the creators behind the world’s most-played games. From the Solitaire that came on your Windows machine, to hundreds of other games you’ve come to know and love - you can find our games on Arkadium.com, iOS, Android, and lots of other big sites worldwide.
As a proud Evergreen business our values of Fierce Drive, Positive Energy and Living Full Lives are the driving force behind how we run and the choices we make.
We’re privately held (aka stable and reasonable about growth), founder-led (aka passionate about our craft) and we consistently rank as a “Best Place to Work” (aka not your typical games company).
Interested in becoming an Arkadian? We’d love to hear from you!
Arkadium is seeking an exceptional and experienced software engineer to help build the best game engine to support the development of our award-winning games.
This is a remote position and is open to candidates in Portugal and Russia. For those in Russia, work is possible from any region, but in the time zone of Moscow.
- Manage a team of software engineers, including technical training, task planning, code reviews, and career development
- Provide leadership over the planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Work collaboratively with Product Owners and Account Managers to provide business analysis, requirements gathering, resource planning, and milestone estimations on new opportunities
- Research new technologies and tools, and adapt them into our standard processes
- Contribute technically to games including architecture, systems design, and hands-on programming
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science
- 5+ year experience in game, app, or web development
- 2+ year experience in a technical leadership role
- Strong familiarity with the following technologies
- PixiJS, React, React Native, Unity, Xamarin
- Node, NPM, Webpack
- Strong knowledge of programming fundamentals, game architecture, and math
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as role is expected to communicate with external clients
- Proficiency in English
- Competitive compensation with structured performance and career development check-ins
- Annual employee profit sharing program (because we're all it in together)
- Meaningful supplemental health insurance (medical, dental & vision plans)
- Personal development budget to fuel your passions and desire to learn (Arkadians are taking classes in not only Excel and leadership, but also interior design and even swimming!)
- A unique culture of transparency, true teamwork and fun